Young Wonders Summer Camp is full of fun and educational activities for your child(ren). The summer is filled with activities that include science, arts and crafts, cooking projects, games and physical activities, weekly field trips, and swimming. We are based in a structured, classroom environment, but enjoy lots of outdoor time too. We will continue our expanded curriculum from last summer that includes karate, music, and gardening. Click here to learn Five Things to Look for in Summer Camp!
- Ages: 5-12 (school-age) - 5 year olds must have completed kindergarten.
- Locations: YWCA McLean County, 1202 N Hershey Rd., Bloomington and various other locations! (mostly District 87 schools)
- Dates: Tuesday, May 29 - Friday, August 10 (all locations closed on July 4th, start and end date are tentative)
- Hours: Hershey Road: 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. and off-site locations: 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
A light breakfast, catered lunch, and afternoon snack are provided for each child daily.
Fees subject to change. The registration fee is per child for each program (fee covers the cost of a t-shirt, swimming, and field trip costs).
Regular Registration (April 10-May 10)
- A nonrefundable registration fee of $35
Late Registration (after May 11)
- A nonrefundable registration fee of $50
- Full-time/5 days a week: $170 for the first child; $160 for each additional child
- Part-time/4 days a week: $150 for the first child; $140 for each additional child
- Part-time/3 days a week: $130 for the first child; $120 for each additional child
- A subsidy may be available through the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency. Please contact us at (309) 662-7826, ext. 248 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to see if you qualify.
- Junior Counselor: $50/week
- Any military branch (active duty or retired)
- Moms of Multiples
- State Farm
- OSF Health Care
- Westminster Village
To receive the discount, the qualified member must live in the household with the child, identification will be required at registration.
Please contact YWCA Young Wonders at (309) 662-7826 for more information.
Each week this summer will carry a unique theme the curriculum will be based around Super Heros. Schedule subject to change.
- Learn to fly on the zip line at Sugar Grove Nature Center
- Make a great catch fishing at Miller Park
- Find the artist within at the McLean County Arts Center
- Work on your strike at Pheasant Lanes Family Fun Center
- Explore Project Playground II at Decatur Scovill Zoo
- Be a part of it all at Rock the Spectrum (for select students)
- Work on your water skills during weekly swimming trips
- Explore the universe at Illinois State University Planetarium
- Learn to protect yourselves with RadKids training
- Master your future with State Farm’s Junior Achievement Programs
- Show off your skills at the public art showcase "Express Yourself" at Main Gallery 404 on July 31
- This project is supported through a generous grant
- Much more!
- Hershey Road participants swim at either O'Neil Pool or Holiday Pool
- Westside participants swim at O'Neil Pool
- Participants from other locations swim at Holiday Pool