Welcome YWCA Young Wonders Parents!
Dear YWCA Young Wonders Family,
Thank you for registering your child at YWCA Young Wonders. We are excited you are here! My name is Melissa Breeden and I am the YWCA Young Wonders senior director. It is my responsibility to guide the directors and teachers and to ensure your child receives the necessary care and support to stay engaged in their learning process.
We know the most important years of a child’s development take place from birth to age five and we take pride in meeting the developmental needs of the children enrolled in our program. We know their success at this age will follow them throughout their lives. We ensure success by collaborating with parents to create individual child plans as needed and by linking parents with resources that can help support the child both at home and school.
YWCA Young Wonders is licensed by DCFS and meets ExceleRate Illinois quality standards so your child receives the best possible care. If there is anything we can do to improve the care your child receives, please contact me. We thank you for trusting us with your child and cannot wait to get to know them!
In our program, your child and family will have access to the following:
- Weekly Curriculum (Creative Curriculum Gold/diversity curriculum)
- YWCA Mission Curriculum
- Developmental Assessments (seasonally for Early Learning), as needed for Youth Development
- Family/Teacher Conferences
- Developmental Screenings
- Access to a Mental Health Consultant
- Access to an Infant/Toddler/Twos Specialist
- Dental/Hearing/Vision Screenings
- Links to Community Assistance (i.e. Food Pantry, Utility Support)
- On-site Bilingual Front Desk Assistance
Young Wonders Youth Development, Assistant Director
309-662-7826, ext. 273
Young Wonders, Billing and Enrollment Coordinator
309-662-7826, ext. 256
Young Wonders, Front Desk/General Questions
Bloomington, IL 61701
(click on Parent Services Department)