Welcome YWCA Young Wonders Parents!
Welcome to the YWCA Young Wonders family! Thank you for trusting your child to us. In our early learning program, we support children from six weeks old to five years old, or entering kindergarten and in youth development, we support children after kindergarten until their twelfth year.
Below you will find links to various documents that will help become familiar with our policies and procedures and help us get to know you better as well. You will need to review each item and submit corresponding paperwork as soon as possible, we must have documents completed before your child(ren) can begin our program(s). When completed, please call the front desk at (309) 662-7826 to schedule a 15- to 30-minute meeting to review the documents, policies, and procedures from the handbook, and answer any questions you may have.
We are dedicated to working closely with our families to ensure individual plans for children are created as needed. Directors of each program are committed to supporting the whole child at home and at school.
In early learning, a few highlights of what is provided include:
- Structured weekly curriculum (Creative Curriculum Gold/Diversity Curriculum)
- Developmental checklists/review (seasonally)
- Family/Teacher conferences (twice per year or as requested)
- Developmental screenings
- Access to a mental health consultant
- Access to an early development specialist
- Dental/Hearing/Vision screenings
- Links to community assistance (food pantry, utility support, etc.)
- On-site bilingual assistance when staff is available
- Free tutoring in math and reading (Smart Sprouts)
- Before and after school recreation and games
- Structured arts and crafts, reading, music, and homework time
DO YOU NEED HELP PAYING FOR CHILD CARE?