Frequently Asked Questions
Virtual Dash Against Discrimination
- Do I have to do my Dash at a specific time?
- No – the beauty of a virtual event (although we’d rather be in person!) is that you can do your Dash whenever it is best for you! Although it would be ideal if everyone could complete their Dash sometime Saturday, June 27, there are also people with conflicts that day who will be doing their Dash another day before or after the event itself.
- Do I have to run?
- No – you can complete your Dash in whatever way is best for you. Run, walk, bike, rollerblade, skateboard, drive – there are many possible ways to complete your Dash.
- How will you know I completed my Dash?
- Please wear your Dash Against Discrimination t-shirt and take a picture while you start/complete/finish your Dash. Post to social media, tag YWCA McLean County and use the hashtag #YWCADash2020
- If you don't have social media, you can email your picture to email@example.com and we will share it on our social media pages.
- Do I need to visit any/all Dash Points?
- No, the Dash Points listed are all local businesses that have supported YWCA McLean County over the past year. We are using this event as an opportunity to express our gratitude again. If you are able, we encourage you to visit the businesses at your leisure to say "thank you for supporting YWCA."
- How do I get my t-shirt?
- T-shirts and goodie bags will be available for pick-up on Thursday and Friday, June 25-26 from 4-6 p.m. at YWCA McLean County. Please come to the lower-level parking lot and follow signs for pick-up.
- I want to do more. What can I do?
- There are many courses of action you can take to educate yourself to be a better ally. Visit our Racial Justice Resources page to get started.
- Will you do this event every year?
- Yes! YWCA McLean County’s first Dash Against Discrimination took place in 2016.